Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Listography 3 - List places you have lived.

1. Peterborough, ON. I was born at Peterborough Civic Hospital (now Peterborough Regional Health Centre) I lived there for most of the time between 1974 and 1992 and then off and on for periods of three years to 8 months from 1993 through 2000. Most of my memories from this time in my life are unpleasant, either because someone was treating me badly or I was treating them badly.

2. Oshawa, ON. From 2000 to 2001 then to Whitby, ON until 2002. From 1998 through this time I would also stay for prolonged periods with friends in the village in Toronto. It was during this period that I came to embrace my inner fabulous and seize the powers of my Urban Diva-ness. Sadly, those powers were nothing against the Kryptonite that was...

3. Trent Hills, ON 2002 to 2003. The place made me damn near suicidal, and I was happy at that point in my life. Everything that was at least 90 mins away.

4. Belleville, ON Three months in 2003, between the end of my relationship that had me living in Trent Hills and my move to...

5. North Vancouver, BC I lived there for 6 months.

6. Vancouver, BC I moved back in with the man I lived with in Trent Hills only this time in the People's Republic of East Van. We were not romantically involved, but we didn't break up because we couldn't live together, we broke up because we were both headed in different directions.

Oddly, that direction was west to Vancouver, in the same apartment.

*shrug*

In September, 2005 I moved three doors down from that place in advance of Joe moving to Canada and us getting married.

I love our converted storefront. Small enough that the rent isn't outrageous. Large enough that we can both get our own space. It's cool. Ground floor, no stairs so even when my MS is bad I can still get from my living room to my bedroom with little trouble.

Thankfully, this list wasn't a list of addresses where I had lived. The internet might run out of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment