Sunday, July 31, 2011

I ruined my weekend

In 8 hours I am supposed to be heading to the Pride parade with my husband. But today I forgot that my life is a high-protocol-tightrope-walking-plate-spinning-balancing act of caffeine timed perfectly with high protein snacks in order to make it though a 9 hour work day. Today I ate breakfast. I had no caffeine. I made a plan to locate a parasol for tomorrow's parade to try to stay cool. A headache started pounding over my right eye.

Within 15 minutes I could not keep my eyes open it hurt so much. Within 30 minutes it took all my physical strength not to throw up. Joe brought me some toast and tea. I ate half the toast and drank a couple of mouthfuls of tea and promptly passed out for a several hours. Woke up at 8 PM and in order to stay awake long enough to eat something I had a bottle of Coke Zero. It is now 3:30 AM Sunday morning and I'm awake. Wide awake.

And Joe is stuck on chapter 11 of the NAFTA agreement and hasn't finished the paper he needed to have finished by midnight Friday, so he's not going to the parade tomorrow. I don't know if I will be awake enough to go, I'm not sure how hot it is going to be, I'm kind of scared about going out in the heat like that unattended, and I did not get the parasol I should have for being out in the sun.

I'm banging away on this laptop in bed trying to get these worries and disappointment out of my head in hopes that I will find the ability to sleep and more importantly wake up in the morning in time to get suited up for the parade... if I am brave enough to head out in the sun without someone with me.

3 comments:

  1. I hope I don't look like an idiot an have a bunch of comments, but my phone is acting stupid....anyway.

    I hope you are feeling better today and are able to go to the parade. Pride parades are great, eh, most parades are great.

    If you are off to the Vancouver parade give a big cheer to the Rainbow City Band from Seattle. The were invited up so the parade would have a marching band!! They are the band I play with regularly. I had to give up marching this year though. Even in my wheelchair it was too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the best plans made, don't come to pass when M.S. is part of the mix! So were you well enough to go? If not sorry:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been somewhere unattended in a long time. How did it go for ya?

    ReplyDelete