Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012. Bring it on.


Another year has passed on this planet. In the grand scheme of the universe and everything that’s like five seconds, but in the context of a single human lifetime it becomes less and less meaningful as time goes on.

I mean, when you’re five a year might be the maximum of what you have ever remembered. When you’re 40 a year represents, one-fortieth of your entire life, and possibly one-thirty-fifth of everything you have ever remembered. As someone who has lived one pay period to the next for about 20 years entire years go by in with little regard. Or much to show for them.

2011 passed with few remarkable moments in my life. Having the Gl*tterB*tches set a new fundraising benchmark, getting to meet Amy, the Vancouver Stanley Cup riot, quitting my horrible job and Joe finishing school is my long list of things I remember. Hardly earth-shattering stuff, but not insignificant.

No matter how I try, I find this clean slate and unmarked calendar a little intimidating. Will this be the year that I actually *do* what I know how to do to be a productive human being? Or will this be the same year of frustration, anxiety, good intentions and failure everyone single other one has been.

Barring a lottery win, I think I already know the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment