Saturday, June 23, 2012

I don't fucking know.

I have been having a difficult time stringing words together into cohesive sentences this week, and I know exactly why.

I have been moving very little and sitting or laying down a lot.

This is why unemployment is a killer to me; with no reason to get up in the morning... I don`t get up. I mean, I wake up between 8 and 9 every morning, but I don`t get up until I either have to pee, the low-caffeine headache starts or I`m so starving I will collapse.

For the past couple of day I have been making a concerted effort to move, with or on purpose, for at least 15 minutes a day. As a result, I've been able to get some things done today. Like get a start on my backload of laundry that piled up just because I didn't want to do it last weekend. I didn't want to do it last weekend because that would have meant getting out of bed and putting socks on. And last weekend, sockless was just the way things rolled around here.

I applied for a job this week and they called me to ask a couple of questions that seemed completely unrelated to the position at hand; i.e. where I saw myself in five years - but the job is only for a 6 month maternity leave. They said that if I am going to move on they'd contact me on Monday or Tuesday of next week. Not holding my breath.

I've been trying to figure out what kind of classes I could take that would improve my job prospects in a year or less and then maybe work part-time and get some kind of training, but I haven't figured that out. I wish I had a clue what I wanted to be when I grow up, but no one wants to pay me to be interested in what I am interested in in any kind of meaningful way.

I guess I am just going to have to wait until Joe turns me into The Real Housewife of, well, wherever we end up settling. I will be The Real Housewife of My House.

No comments:

Post a Comment