Thursday, October 3, 2013

I Disabled My Highly Personal Facebook Profile

My "professional" profile is still up, and it's so boring that I am not interested in being on it. So, the bathroom is now super clean.

I disabled my personal profile for a few reasons:

  1. The US Government shutdown. Not my country, yet I was fighting really hard to not get sucked into the negativity and refuting misinformation. Also finding out that my friends are friends of/related to hateful sociopaths who would rather die or go bankrupt than buy health insurance "from the government" was really upsetting. I can't just ignore that shit if I see it. So it was time to "shut the whole thing down".
  2. Clicky games. Jumpin' Jeebus on a pogo stick, the clicky games. And I don't even "farm" (anymore).
  3. I'm trying to make some personal changes in my life that go with the professional changes I will be making next week. I have to learn to be more mindful of the way the people in my life use social media, and I have to learn to temper my speech by discerning whether or not what I am about to say will be important or useful to anyone else but me.
  4. Perspective. I just need to get some.Or something. I don't know. Shutting down my personal Facebook just seemed like a good idea at the time that I had it.
So I'm hanging out on Twitter a bit more ( @LKid ) especially now that hockey season has started.
If you know my legal name, you can find my boring, professional profile on Facebook.
***

Yesterday I saw this posted:


I realized that it had been days, but not quite a week, since I was reminded that I have MS.

I've just really gotten use to having no feeling in my fingers and toes, and that thing with my voice has stopped. I even remember telling the nurse at the urgent care last week when I went to have my sinuses checked out that I had MS, and not feeling sad, or panicked, or much of anything about it.

It was like I told them that I have hazel eyes or my favourite colour is red. It is now just one of those things about me.

Weird, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment