Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Avoidance

I am so disorganized these days and it makes me wonder if I am losing my mind. I haven't felt like torturing myself with further documentation that my life is incredibly uninteresting.

My life isn't incredibly complicated these days so it doesn't negatively impact my life in the form of missed deadlines or dropped balls. I think most of the time it is a reflection of how little I care about a lot of things.

I have strep throat. That sucks. 6.75 more days of penicillin and I should be right as rain. The clinic doctor I saw today sprayed my throat with some numbing stuff, wrote me a prescription and told me to gargle with salt water and drink lots of honey and lemon.

I will do that shortly.

I have to go to my MLA's office to complain about BC Pharmacare. This is the best thing about single payer health insurance; when something goes wrong it is someone who relies on the favour of the public to keep her/his job who has to try and rectify the situation.

The last time I had an issue with BC Med her constituency assistant got on the horn and had Joe an insurance card in 48 hours. Lets hope that Stewart or Joe (my MLA's assistants) can get some answers as to why BC Pharmacare thinks I live in Chiliwack.

I have never been to Chiliwack in my life, let alone lived on Garden Dr.


Also, the MS Walk in Vancouver is on April 25. That leaves me a little more than a week and a half to try to raise $75 more dollars so I can get the tote bag from one of the event sponsors.

Pledge me today if you can!

2 comments:

  1. I think to me that may be THE most annoying thing about having MS: it doesn't mean you can't still get meningitis (which I got from my stupid spinal tap) or stupid strep throat or ocular migraines which is what I have right now! I would go with a Hot Toddy (http://www.drinkstreet.com/searchresults.cgi?drinkid=1063) rather than plain honey and lemon though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny... I just had one of those a few hours ago. I'm going to have another before The Daily Show comes on.

    (I'm using Canadian Club, but a friend insists that the Hot Toddy should be rum. I'm not a purist when it comes to booze.)

    ReplyDelete