Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lets meet, so you can ooh and aah over my experience.

I have applied for many jobs in the past two months.

I'm starting to think that maybe it's me, not them.

Or it's this blog. Or it's the fact that I use the word "fuck" and have opinions on Twitter.

I'm pretty sure that I don't want to work for an employer who thinks that I would be so unprofessional as to use the word "fuck" in a professional setting or thinks I should stop being a pro-voice, feminist atheist to work for them.

Ah well, I'm sure there is employment out there for me with someone who doesn't know how to work the Google.

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya. I accidentally gave my employers the name of my tumblr blog. They were "shocked" even though I did warn them that the content was rated - "if you don't fucking like it don't read it".

    The only family member allowed to view the content is my 19 year old son. Most of it's pretty mean, foul mouthed and I talk about the people in my life. My Facebook however is kept as "E" (employer friendly) or "Kid Friendly" as my kids are on there.

    It is however saddening to know that they are googling and finding things that taken out of context or without understanding the audience it is meant for can sway a potential employer. I do NOT believe in full disclosure when it comes to things like this.

    And if anyone asks for your passwords to ANY social media or to change your security level... they would be neurotic shits to work for anyway.

    Fuck em if they can't handle your tweets!

    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend not to swear that much when in public, it's because I have got used to being around Guides and small kids who repeat everything they hear ad nauseum. My online prescence tends to be swearing free or accompanied by a "warning - norti words" comment as my Rangers and Guides can follow my fb and blog etc. That said, once I'm home and mine's in bed, the xbox goes on and all manner of foulness spills from my mouth. Everybody swears and the sooner people stop getting offended by it the better. If they're going judge your professionalism based on your tweets then they're idiots and you don't want to work for idiots. xx

    ReplyDelete