Monday, May 7, 2012

White Castle Fries Only Come in One Size

Things I have done because of the Beastie Boys:

1. Made my now-husband take me to White Castle just to see if their fries only came in one size like they said in "Slow and Low" on Licence to Ill. Since that was 2005 and not 1986, White Castle now has fries in three sizes and I was sad.

For the record, White Castle is kind of gross. And they are surprised when you say "I would like two cheese burgers." They expect you to get four.

2. Developed a pole-dance routine to "So What'cha Want" because I felt at the time (and still do) that that song was meant to be stripped to.

3. I hum "She's Crafty" almost every time I do x-stitch.

4. Every breakup I have had since 1995 has led me to play "Sabotage" over and over again at high volume.

5. I cried when I figured out this line in "Sure Shot":

"I want to say a little something that's long overdue
The disrespect to women has got to be through
To all the mothers and the sisters and the wives and friends
I offer my love and respect to the end."

6. Googled "Saduharu Oh".

Adam Yauch, a rapper and founder of the pioneering and multimillion-selling hip-hop group the Beastie Boys, died on Friday in Manhattan. He was 47.

I've posted a bit about MCA's passing a bit on Facebook, so I apologize for bringing this up once again if you're tired of hearing about it. I don't usually get so concerned for dead celebrities but I think I have to accept that the death of a Beastie Boy for me is kind of like having a Beatle die. They are a part of the soundtrack of my life.

Namaste, muthahfuckah. The likes of Yauch we will not see again.

No comments:

Post a Comment