Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Too Much Hope

Trying not to hope too much.

I had a job interview today for a job I really want, in an industry I have been trying to get into for years, with a company that seems stable and doesn't seem to exploit their workforce, and has at least two people I think are hilarious working for them at present.

I really want the job. I don't want to want it this much, because I can't take much more rejection in this world.
***

I want something to be certain. I have nothing certain in my life. I want one thing other than my husband to rely on for just one day. That's all I want right now.
***

Bob Rae keeps sending me emails asking me to register to vote for the next Liberal Party of Canada leadership, because I subscribed as a supporter.

Justin, Mark, Martin, and George definitely do not have my vote. Not under any circumstances.

For that reason I am thinking about not bothering to register, because I don't support any of the candidates that are currently likely to win, and I won't support any party that has any one of those people as leader. The two candidates that I do really like won't win and if they became leader they'd never win LeaderOp, much less the governing party.

But I won't vote NDP, and I'll never be a Conservative, so the LPC will likely get my vote.

But they will not get my time or my money.
***

"The Following" is such an intense show. Took me over an hour to get over the anxiety.

1 comment:

  1. The fact that you guys actually will vote for party leaders or have more than two parties (that get support) always seems both wonderful and confusing to me. I try figuring out what I'd be if I lived and voted in Canada or the UK and I'm never sure; where as in the US there is such a stark contrast between the parties lately.

    ReplyDelete