Monday, November 12, 2012

Damn You Galen Weston!


I told Joe that I wanted these. He bought them for me. I was excited. They have been advertising them more often on Canadian TV this weekend than Barack Obama approved that message a week ago on US TV. I'm no foodie and Galen makes some pretty fine products.

There are ten in the box. They come to you frozen with the instruction to thaw in the fridge for 25 to 30 minutes on a serving plate before "serving". (I guess they're an h'ors d'oeuvres, or something) Consume within 48 hours of thawing.

Joe hates cheesecake and I am NOT eating 10 cheesecake lollipops in two days. I've had them for two days, I've eaten three. I've taken them out one at a time and let them thaw on a sandwich plate in the fridge. This is what they actually look like.

So here's my review.

They're okay. More sugary than anything.

The toffee is not very salty.
The crunchiness isn't uniform; the toffee bits that have been enveloped by the chocolate coating that attaches it to the ball of cheesecake are sticky and chewy, which is disappointing.
The cheesecake is really sweet and not very cream cheesy.

Will I buy them again? Probably not.
Would I eat one if I was offered one at a party or something? Sure, but only one.

The idea of putting cheesecake on a stick is not a bad one, but the cake could have been better and the topping better prepared.

Sorry Galen.

No comments:

Post a Comment