Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Have you ever had one of those lives where every choice you made is wrong, or maybe the choices you made were the least bad of all the options?

At this point, as I enter my 40th year, I am now certain that the only good and pro-active decision I have ever made was marrying my spousal unit. Every other life choice before and since has just been an exercise in failure.
***

I hate it here. I hate it more and more each and every moment that passes.

That said, I am glad I am not trying to make it in Vancouver this broke. And this broken.

Windsor seems like the kind of place where dreams come to die.
***

This whole stupid life of mine makes me want to move the hell away from here.
***

My latest obsession is moving to Detroit. It's got so much more going on than Windsor, real estate is CRAZY cheap, and there are some tech incubators, creatives, and locals who are trying to find a new place for the city in the world.

That speaks to me. For some insane reason, there seems to be more hope for Detroit being awesome than there is is any chance of Windsor being awesome.
***

I want to live in a big city again. In many ways I crave the anonymity that having half a million neighbours can bring.
***

I also hate driving, but doing it 25 days out of 40 has made it less panic inducing.
***

I just want a life worth living. One that doesn't have thrice monthly panic attacks over money and resources.
***

Too much to ask?

1 comment:

  1. I have no specific wisdom, but do feel like a life spent making new mistakes (rather than the same old mistakes over and over) is the best we can really hope for.

    At least it's means you're really living, striving, trying to be better, rather than hiding away and giving in.

    ReplyDelete