Monday, September 3, 2012

Done.

When you avoid the sun (and heat in general) and really have no interest in being outside, seeing the unofficial end of summer is kind of a relief.

That said, these are the things I wish I had done this summer:


  1. Spent some time drinking wine on the beach at sunset.
  2. Gone to Grouse Mountain just to see what the fuss is about.
  3. uh... I don't think there is a number 3.
Goodbye Summer of 2012. I won't really miss you at all.

I don't have a lot to write about these days because what is on my mind has nothing to do with day-to-day life with MS or day-to-day life with me.

Since I went to the Underground Railroad Freedom Center, and have been reading news story after news about how people continue to be cruel to each other because of their race, class, ethnicity, sex, gender presentation, sexuality and/or disability, I've been looking at people differently.

My time in Ohio left me changed and I am not sure that I have the tools or the capital to make any kind of difference. The only thing that I can do is try to live differently, or something.

I have spent the past 30-40 minutes with my hands on the keyboard watching the cursor flash in anticipation of the next words to come out. I have nothing to add to this. 

2 comments:

  1. What in Ohio seems to have changed you, just the Underground Railroad Freedom Center?

    Drinking wine on the beach at sunset sounds like something I should try planning for next summer at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't really type about it on my blog, so I sent you a message with a (hopefully) brief overview.

      Delete