Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Holding back

Every night I come to this flashing cursor and I have a tonne of stuff I want to say, but I try to follow the rules I have set for myself.

What goes in this blog has to be about my life, as it relates to my day-to-day, I say nothing that I wouldn't want published on the front page of the Globe and Mail (or New York Times), and it won't hurt anyone I love.

So here is the grey area.  There are things that I would like to say; about my beliefs, my values, my politics. It doesn't bother me much that my parents wouldn't be happy, but they either love me as me am or I don't talk to them. They get that. I think.

The problem is that what I want to say would upset my in-laws and severely alter their opinion of me. That really doesn't upset me much. But I know that it would upset my husband, because they are his parents and he wants them to like me.

So, I pour another glass of wine (#2) and suck it up.

***
This wine is very good.
***
I'm listening to my husband tell the story of his first day at the University of British Columbia.

It's going to be a very, very long two years.

1 comment:

  1. get a second blog. Tumblr is a great place to be someone abrasive and anonymous. A wonderful outlet for unfacebook like behavior. I managed to get 1000 followers in one day for raggging openly about my kids. My son especially. He of course was "in" on it. And helped me get even more followers. But it was cathartic (much like I imagined confession to have been in grade school that I didn't get to do).
    Hugs! From Queen Beatch! A.

    ReplyDelete