Saturday, September 29, 2012

Falling backwards

Sometimes when I crouch down to tie my shoelace or get something out of a low cupboard, I tip over backwards. It's one of the strangest MS symptoms I have.

For five days now I have had major spasticity in my legs. Right now it's the long muscle on the side/back of my right leg, yesterday it was both my calves (Which isn't that unusual. They're always a little tight, just rarely hurt.). Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday it was my left leg. It was that muscle more to the inside of my thigh, but down closer to my knee. Crazy pain, too painful to walk far, and no non-narcotic pain reliever in my house was helping at all.

As a result of this stupid MS symptom, I haven't walked for exercise since Monday, except to get to and from work. Wednesday night I had an attack of MS fatigue that was so bad I fell asleep at 5:15 PM for for a couple of hours.

I was suppose to sit down this evening and work on some writing projects I've been carrying around in my purse for two weeks, but instead I printed pages and art to personalize my project planner. I fail at getting my life together tonight. I think this week is generally full of fail.

I'm glad it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment