Friday, July 1, 2011

Book in a Month Contract

I, Lori Varrin Kidwell, agree to follow the steps of the 30-day Book in a Month system.

I will make the necessary changes in my life to accommodate this goal, and I will ask family, friends, and my fellow writers for help when I need it. I will organize my time well so I can do this, and I will set aside all non-essential tasks so I have time to achieve my goal.

I will work on my book 6 days a week (if I miss a day, I'll just keep going). I will complete 260 pages and get to the end. No matter what happens during these 30 days, I will just keep writing.

"I don't have the time" is not a good enough excuse for the next 30 days.

I promise myself that I will celebrate when 30 days are up, even if I only meet 75% of my goal. I will tell my family and friends to get ready for this celebration in Week 3, to further motivate myself. (It also helps that my 30 days ends the day before Vancouver Pride!)

This book is important to me. My future readers are waiting to read it and I owe it to them to finish it. What I have to say is important.

Original signed
Lori Kidwell
June 30, 2011

4 comments:

  1. YEAY!!!! By all means, and I am sure I'm not the only one to say this - ask if you need a hand!

    Good luck. Everyone who knows you knows that you can do this. NO EXCUSES!!

    Rock that 30 days!!

    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck, can't wait to read it...do you have other ones already complete?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, this will be the first one. Though I've got a lot of stuff that's half written and half thought out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting! How is it going? I have played with that idea for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete