Friday, October 23, 2009

Listography 2 -List your closest friends

(I stopped having "best friends" when I was 20. So this is a list of the people that I enjoy spending time with for various and sundry reasons.)

1. Joe - he's my husband, the only person in my life I see daily, and I think he's hot.

2. Simon - he's my upstairs neighbour, the only person in my life I see 3 or 4 times a week, and I used to be his live in girlfriend. I've learned to edit what I say to him much more than I did when we were together, and he's not attractive to me anymore since he grew the beard back.

3. Donna - she's my boss lady, and I find her funny, engaging and I agree with her more often than I don't. She's also got a killer smile.

4. Erin - she's my friend because she is funny and I disagree with her more often than I do. She's also a good sport when my husband man-handles her. (That's his way of showing affection. He only man-handles the ones he loves.)

5. Jeanine - she's the best person to watch hockey with and I don't do it nearly enough.

6. Sam - he's the sweetest fellow I know, a wonderful influence on Joe and I don't get to spend nearly enough time with him. If he convinces John Waters to adopt him, I hope he'll find a way for me to become his sister.

7. Sarah - she's my peer support volunteer from the MS Society of Canada - BC and Yukon Territory. She's really good at reminding me that I have limits but not limitations, though sometimes I think she isn't comfortable with how able I am and she is not.

8. The Fox - a new friend via the internet, it is really interesting and comforting to find that there are other people in the world who understand the basics of where you've been and where you want to go.

Like the late 70s, early 80s sitcom

Eight is Enough

No comments:

Post a Comment