Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Listography 10 - List your Favourite Restaurants

I'm not really what you would call a "foodie". By this I mean I prefer to eat food cooked by someone else but I never really get attached to a restaurant. I am more attached to a style of cuisine. Every single time I find an establishment that I love more than anything, the food begins to SUCK or something bad happens.

That happened with my favourite Italian place on Queen St.
That happened with Sala Thai on Burrard.
That happened with Red Fort on Queensway.
That happened with Sushi King on the Drive.
That happened with Subeez over by the library.
Kishu Island Sushi burned to the ground a month or so ago.

So I am not going to curse any of the places I currently love by making it known that I love them.

To be honest though, I'm just as happy to grab a burger at Wendy's or heat some rice stuff up in the microwave. I tend to look at food as fuel and a headache preventative rather than something to be fussed about. If I am hungry and it takes more than 30 seconds thought and 5 to 10 minutes to prepare and get to eating, I'm just as likely not to eat at all.

Of course, I make the exception for purveyors of food that deliver to my house. I'll wait 30 to 45 minutes for that.

I hope the next list is more interesting for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment