Friday, February 12, 2010

Walk, walk, Fashion, baby.


This is my favourite piece from Alexander McQueen's Fall/Winter 09/10 collection. Fall/Winter fashion has always caught my attention because the clothes, the creations, are more substantial. As with many of AMcQ's fashions, this one looks almost architectural; like it was constructed not sewn.

Seeing this brings tears to my eyes. There will be no more creations like this. No more substantial garments that are works of art. No more couture skulls and bones. No more high fashion trainers/running shoes.

I've battled depression pretty much my entire life and I understand deeply what it feels like to be in that pit of despair. I never had the means or the bravery to do it and that's why I am still alive.

It bothers me, deep down inside, when people of talent, promise and riches kill themselves. If Lee McQueen can't find a reason to live through another day, where the hell am I suppose to get the motivation from? I don't have talent or prospects and I'll be lucky if I can still work a crappy 40k a year job 5 years from now, yet I manage to find *something* to get out of bed for. That reason might be one of obligation to the man I married, but its a reason.

It just seems like such a waste. People like me should kill themselves, not people like Alexander McQueen. He had so much more to give the world than I could ever hope to. He was special.

And now he's gone and I'm left here thinking, what is this all for anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment