Friday, November 5, 2010

Avoidance

I've been feeling like crap for about a month, which culminated in getting a horrible cold (flu?) over the past few days. I started coming down with it on Tuesday and by Wednesday I had a fever, chills, aching body, stuffed up sinuses and a barking cough.

But mostly I've been avoiding the page. My blog, my journal, my book, the books I am reading, it doesn't seem to matter.

I don't know what the hell I'm doing most days, so tomorrow I am going to watch "Polytechnique" and see what kind of mental fire that lights.

Other than that I've been contemplating and immediately rejecting the following ideas:

1. An economics degree
2. Looking for a new job
3. An English degree
4. Looking for a second job
5. Some sort of vocational training
6. Having a nervous breakdown
7. Shaving my head
8. Staying in bed for a month
9. Colouring my hair blue.
10. Developing an eating disorder

I have no idea what to do with my life. All I know is that I am in a holding pattern until Joe gets his first post-degree job. Until then, I just wake up in the morning, meet my spousal obligations throughout the day and go to bed.

Looking forward to going to and from work in the dark starting Monday.

Fer sher.

1 comment:

  1. Well, lets see if we can add some humor to this:

    1. An economics degree
    A straight up economics degree can be boring. I work in a blend of Psychology and Economics. You know why we spend too much money and of course how to make us spend more.

    2. Looking for a new job
    What do you hate/love about your current job?

    3. An English degree
    Uh, ok good luck I can't spell.

    4. Looking for a second job
    A second job in addition to the above job that it already sounds like you don't like? Humm sounds bad.

    5. Some sort of vocational training
    Humm, what do you want to do, medical transcription from home? HA!

    6. Having a nervous breakdown
    Ohh yes this always is a priority.

    7. Shaving my head
    I do this every few years and it has to be one of the most liberating things I do.

    8. Staying in bed for a month
    This one works but makes any job or school difficult.

    9. Colouring my hair blue.
    Humm, dark or light?

    10. Developing an eating disorder
    I think every human already has one :)

    ~ Jordan

    ReplyDelete