Friday, July 6, 2012

How do you do it?

(This should have posted yesterday, July 4, 2012. I apparently neglected to hit "Publish".)

I cannot believe the heat wave that is going on in the US and in eastern Canada. Today was the first day the sun has come out in almost a week here in Vancouver, and it has been blessedly hovering around 15C (59F) with overcast skies and intermittent rain.

Earlier this afternoon I looked at the weather forecast for the next week and had an anxiety attack.

20 degrees is my comfortable max. 23 is my "grin and bear it" max. 26 is "do not go outside under any circumstances" level. 
(20C = 68 F - 26C = 79F) 

Anything over that means I need a Cleopatra-styled litter carried by the cast of Magic Mike to get anywhere.



I'm saving the "fan boy" position for Channing Tatum.


So how do MSers in these boiling-like-the-seventh-circle-of-hell parts of North America manage to get up off the floor, let alone show up for a job every day? I am terrified of the heat, and this is the only thing that I dread about the eventuality of moving back east.


I managed to land five days of work next week. In a third floor west-facing office during the hottest days we've had this year. Not awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment