Monday, June 3, 2013

One Month

We've lived in our apartment for one month.

It's cleaner. We own a futon, three lawn chairs, two side tables, and three desk-height tables.
***

I got a job, but it doesn't pay the rent. So I'm going to have to find another job, maybe two.
***

I'm sad, all the fucking time.

I miss my friends, I miss the weather, but I don't miss Vancouver.
***

Joe and I had to pinky swear that we would not let boolean algebra destroy our marriage.

Who knew math could be the harsh mistress that ends people's relationships?
***

I haven't met anyone that is "of my people". I think it's because I'm hanging out at women's networking meetings and with truckers.

Not at the same places, mind you.
***

My MS symptoms have improved 100-fold. Not sure what that's about.
***

I finally got my thunderstorm. Actually two thunderstorms in two days. That was cool. I loved it a lot. I missed right and proper thunderstorms.
***

I bought a box of 154 freezie pops. That was probably the best investment I've ever made.
***

Still hate driving, but it looks like driving myself to work is going to be a thing I do. I've done it twice now, and it still sucks. Though I was shaking when I got home today, at least I didn't want to die.

baby steps, and all that.
***

I referred to a future trip to Milwaukee with Amy as "My Annual Ritual Cleansing".

Just so you know.
***

I'm bored a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment