Saturday, February 9, 2013

Being a Dick in Public

I fat shamed someone today.

I had my reasons for wanting this person to feel bad; mainly that once upon a time this person made me feel bad, and I wanted them to feel bad about themselves in the exact same way.

But that's not cool. No matter what my reasons were, fat shaming is not cool. No matter that I didn't even think of it as fat shaming at the time, fat shaming is still not cool.

I was a dick in public. That's not cool.

I had no right to shame someone for their body. It was not right. I really do know better than that.

I will do better.
***

I sometimes think that all the therapy I paid for and the Provinces of Ontario and BC paid for didn't work as well as I would have liked.

Hockey Day In Canada has brought up a whole lot of unpleasant memories and recollections that I thought I had dealt with and taken care of. I guess I need to look at that stuff again.

Or not. Maybe it's best to just let sleeping dogs lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment