Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Windsor - The Town Where Everyone Asks You To Lower Your Expectations

It's like dating in my home town for fuck's sake.

I went to my first interview with a temp agency, and they told me that the average job search in Windsor is 10 to 12 MONTHS.

I don't have that kind of time, so I'm thinking about looking in Waterloo or Toronto for something permanent, while Joe stays here and does his thing.

Not that things were going any better in Vancouver, mind you, it's just that no one there asked me to aim a little lower and be happy with what I find there.

***


I don't know what this place is all about, but they have a sculpture garden full of strange shapes, penguins by a non-functioning fountain, and a family of elephants.

I will post photos at some point.
***

Avocados were FIVE for TWO DOLLARS. I'm eating avocado on fucking EVERYTHING until that price goes away.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a super long time for a job search!!!

    The garden and fountain sound...interesting. I wonder if maybe they just haven't turned the water on yet for the fountain? Maybe?

    That's cheap for avocados? (I've never had them!)

    ReplyDelete