Thursday, November 22, 2012

Bonus Thanksgiving

One of the coolest things about marrying an American is getting Bonus Thanksgiving.

I love Thanksgiving and getting a turkey between Thanksgiving and Christmas is going to be awesome once we start celebrating with family again.

Joe misses his Thanksgiving and considers his Bonus Thanksgiving to be in October. It's like a warm-up turkey for the November and December feasts for him.

Thanksgiving is our favourite holiday. I like it because it's secular and is generally just about getting together and eating and drinking and hanging out with people you don't get to see a lot.

This year both Thanksgiving and Bonus Thanksgiving aren't being celebrated at our house because most of our friends aren't in Vancouver any more, we don't really have the budget or the space for holding a celebration for the few friends that are still around, and to be honest... I'm so tired.

I've got a lot going on right now and NONE of it seems to be working out into a job. Well, 60% of what I am doing isn't even public yet, so I suppose I'm having unrealistic expectations about some of my efforts. I'm about a day behind schedule so I hope I can make up some time tomorrow.

So in the spirit of Bonus Thanksgiving, I am thankful for good friends, better health than could be expected, and the best husband any woman could ever ask for.

I am thankful. So thankful I am not going to give up on getting my life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment