Saturday, July 25, 2009

Float On

I've been heading out a lot more with my collapsible cane collapsed in my purse. I'm walking better at short distances, my skin is starting to behave, and next week I'm going to get my hair did for the first time since November. I went to a political function today and it was strange to be looking close to normal.

I hereby ban the use of the word "grassroots".

*stamps foot*

Vancouver maybe gets one thunderstorm a year, and tonight's is a DOOZY. Bolts of lightning. Rolling thunder. Gun metal grey sky. It's awesome-sauce.

Instead of sleepy pills I am going to open this bottle of wine, convince my husband that math can wait until the morning, and find a movie to watch.

My paperwork is in the employment agency and I'll be getting a call on Monday or Tuesday to get my date to meet the job developer.

I made my grandma cry yesterday, but she totally deserved it. Yesterday and today she started with baby steps to start caring for herself because I told her she was acting like she never wanted to see me again. I also told her that if she died before I got back east, it would be her own fault.

I also told her that if I wasn't allowed to give up, she wasn't. We'll see if it sticks. I'm hopeful but not optimistic.

1 comment:

  1. Look at you go! Wow, you're like a totally different person than you were when I first started reading this blog :-) Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete